Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Shelves of the Fridge

We've had a busy schedule lately, which has thrown a monkey wrench in our grocery-buying schedule. Since I don't drive, our Sundays usually involve family grocery shopping, and during the week if we need something I can walk to get it or Brian can pick it up from the store on his way home from work. For some reason this week we've just been using up things and not getting to the store and our fridge and freezer are as empty as I've ever seen them. Yesterday I cooked up an unidentified cut of meat. I like lists so I thought I'd record for posterity, a list of what we have in our fridge and freezer for your amusement and for my amusement and my shopping list. Maybe I'm the only who finds it amazing, but if you saw our fridge normally, what with two boys who eat like they have hollow legs, you'd be amazed too.

Fridge
green onions
carrots
lemon juice
peanut butter
almond butter
butter
various jams and jellies
hot sauces
various salad dressings
ketchup
parmesan cheese
soy sauce
worchestershire sauce
salsa
eggs
leftover quinoa and steak
yeast
milk
corn tortilla shells
a tiny bit of hummus
champagne
sparkling cider
ancient can of seltzer water
water
A TON OF BREAST MILK

Freezer
two chicken breasts
pack of bacon
two burritos
butter
corn
peas
cauliflower
blueberries
bag of mixed fruit
ice packs
ice cube trays
A TON OF BREAST MILK

That's all. And our pantry isn't much fuller. Now it's become kind of a game to see how long we can go without buying things and how much we can use up. Can I offer you something to drink? We have water, milk, seltzer water, champagne, sparkling cider, and breast milk.

Though leery at first, because they've traditionally been afraid of carbonation,
(IT'S BURNING MY TONGUE!! IT MAKES MY MOUTH SHIVER!!)
the boys and I polished off a good 3/4 of a bottle of sparkling cider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...