Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Crepes by Clarvin

So I'm sitting here in a quiet house with a nice glass of wine and wanting so badly to work on some long-ish blog posts that have been in my head for awhile, but I know that I won't last much longer and that I'll never get anything posted unless I keep it simple. Somehow these days fly by so fast but they go so slow. They go slowly when the baby is screaming, Clark is having a meltdown over something trivial like orange juice or the way Cal looked at him, and Calvin is screaming for help on the toilet. Those moments take forever. But somehow it all comes to an end in a messy whirlwind and the house is quiet except for the dishwasher and the crickets outside.

So, to make things less complicated I'll just write about today. We read a delightful little library book yesterday called Crepes by Suzette by Monica Wellington. It's an impressive piece of art, actually. The backgrounds for the pages are photo collages of Paris, with real people inserted in places like windows, but the main characters are all drawn in the foreground. At the end of the book there's a crepes recipe so this morning Clarvin and I made crepes. (Clarvin is the name that our friend Margo uses for the twins in order to save time, space, and effort.) We used lemon with powdered sugar and strawberries as filling and they were delicious. I love books that include activity ideas. I highly recommend the book and the recipe.

Here are some pictures from that, as well as some other pictures from the past couple weeks just for kicks.












Master Theodore and I attended Missy's garden tea party to celebrate the
200th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice. Delightful.

Teddy keeps smiling
Hockey started!
The ones down on the ice in the corner? Those are mine.
Little sweaty after, but very enthused, as is volunteer coach, Dad
Clark played third base with Dad at cousin's 10 year old birthday party!
Calvin on deck
The 10 year-olds modified the pitching for the 4 year-olds
Teddy bundled up
Teddy slept through the night last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...