Top Ten Moments from Grandma and Papa Week One.
* When Cal, while quizzically observing my dad’s mustache on the metro, said, “Papa has hair on his tongue.” And pointed to a stranger who also had “hair on his tongue.”
* When Cal claimed that his favorite animal at the zoo was the pretend panda bear. (a panda statue)
* Eight ceiling fans at the lake house. Need I say more? “I turn that fan on!” “NO! I turn that fan on!” "I love that fan!" No I love that fan!" etc.
* The boys steering the boat all by themselves in circles.
* Bouncing on Uncle Pierre's knees to his Elephant Song.
* Sitting at the campfire on the beach juggling the boys who were covered in marshmallows and sand and busy “cooking sticks in the fire and steam.”
* Playing air hockey "ALL BY SELFS!"
* Mountainous frozen yogurt extravaganza after a long day at the zoo.
* Going to our playground and getting to introduce my parents to my mommy friends and the boys’ friends.
* Working on perfect baseball throwing form with Uncle A while throwing acorns into the lake.
|Air hockey BY SELFS!|
|Up close and personal with the ceiling fans in the loft|
|Uncle Pierre's Elephant Song!|
|Best part of the zoo?|
|Aforementioned frozen yogurt extravaganza|