Thursday, July 21, 2011

MMD

I don’t know what I was just sick with over the past few days so I’m going to henceforth refer to it as Mad Mom Disease or MMD. (After Mad Cow Disease. See what I’ve done there? My wit astounds me.)

I first believed my MMD was an allergy attack late Sunday afternoon, but it stayed with me and today is the first time that I feel…real again. 

Basically over the past few days I have had a mild headache, mildly sore throat, sometimes runny nose, and no energy. Add to that a scorching heat index of something like 118 today, whatever that means, and similarly hot weather the previous days. Fortunately Brian stayed home yesterday, allowing me to remain in a puddle state most of the day. I don’t know how I normally do everything I do. The thought of making dinner or taking the boys outside just made me want to curl up in a corner and moan in a barely audible but continuous Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Everything looked different and dark with MMD.

I think those days are behind me and I think what cured me was time and a seriously potent cough drop. That is all.
Artistic rendering of my life the past 3 days, in Sharpie, blueberry, and half-eaten cracker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...